Like Glass


Out here, I have time to think.  

Out here, I can breathe.

I can paddle to a certain spot, or just sit in my own uncertainty.

There is the world above where I deal with the stressors of life, with grief, with normal every day occurrences.  But there is also a world below, unseen, that is just as harsh.  Predators in a different form, obstacles, unknown depths that must be traveled through to get to certain spots.  

These two worlds are actually pretty similar.

The key is to try to find the beauty in both.  

In knowing, at least sometimes, that there is something beyond more than what you can see.  

That past the unpleasant and unlovely in this world, there is goodness and kindness.

And that above the ugly roots that grow in the cold dark water, is a beautiful water lily soaking up the sun.





Comments